This post may contain affiliate links indicated with a *. Read the full disclosure here
Learn how to upcycle clothing for kids using adult clothing that is readily found in thrift stores. There are upcycling tutorials for boys, girls, and babies.
It is wonderful to share upcycling tips and tutorials with you! I love sharing my passion of sewing and upcycling.
I love upcycling because it saves time, it saves money, it helps save the environment, and it saves memories.
If you have any fun upcycled projects, especially ones inspired by these posts, share it on your social media with the hashtag #upcycledkid! Share any upcycle inspired projects for your children with the hashtag #upcycledkid!
Upcycle Tutorials for Boys
Upcycle Tutorials for Girls
Upcycle Tutorials for Babies
Free Sewing Patterns List
Thanks to all the free pattern designers for letting us use and share their patterns!
Disclosure: Most of these are not my patterns, and I don’t claim any rights to them. They are kindly offered for free by the different pattern designers. The pattern and tutorial must be obtained on the pattern designers’ site.
- Peasant Dress Pattern and Tunic by Once Upon a Sewing Machine
- Classic Leggings Pattern by Nap-Time Creations
- Caroline Dress Pattern by Shwin and Shwin
- Day Camp Set by Peekaboo Patterns
- Cap Sleeve Tee Pattern by Shwin and Shwin
- Harem Pants Pattern by Suburbia Soup
- The Tank by Fishsticks Designs
- Raglan Shirt by Nap Time Creations
- Baggies Shorts by Designs by Sessa
- Turban Headband by Shrimp Salad Circus
- Circle Skirt by MADE
- Baby Shoes by Heather Handmade
- Baby Bloomers and Shorts by Heather Handmade
If you upcycle clothing using one of these tutorials, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!