Make some fun fabric face masks with a free Halloween face SVG. There are eight different classic Halloween character faces to enjoy!
My kids have been doing well with wearing a face mask to school on the days they get to go. I love Halloween and costumes, so I decided to make them some fabric face masks with Halloween character faces on them. If your kids are still resistant to wearing face masks, this might be a fun way to help them want to wear a mask.
It was so fun to design these Halloween faces. These are all hand drawn by me so they are a little cutesy and a little cartoonish. I was going for a fun look and not for a scary or “perfected” look. I have tested all of them in my Cricut Maker and the cutting was smooth. Get the free Halloween face SVG cut files at the end of the post.
There are affiliate links in this post shown with a *. I only link to things I recommend. All opinions are my own.
Check out these sewing projects and costumes:
- Tips for sewing a face mask
- Free face mask sewing pattern for kids
- Add a neck holder to your face mask
- Characters that wear a mask
- DIY witch costume
- DIY werewolf costume
- DIY ghost costume
- DIY skeleton mermaid costume
Some of the SVGs come with different layers so that you can change the color. The look of the face will change depending on how you layer the colors.
For example the werewolf can have teeth that go on top of or under the lips. It looks great either way.
When I see each one I want to say it’s my favorite, but then I see another one and I think that one is also my favorite. They really are so fun, and since my face is just larger than my son I’m planning on wearing some myself!
The trick to making these Halloween Face SVGs work is finding the right color for the fabric and placing the face in the right place. Some of my faces don’t look as good when they are being worn because I place the design too low.
I would suggest trying the mask on and then deciding on the placement of the face. It will depend on the face of the person and the shape of the mask.
Free Halloween Face SVGs for Masks
- Face masks in different colors – you can make them with a more flat front face mask pattern or you can buy some solid color fabric face masks*
- Iron-on vinyl* or HTV in solid colors – I ended up using black, white, and red but you can go crazy with different colors and types. Some of these shapes are small and could use up your scraps
- Cutting machine – I used the Cricut Maker*
- Easypress 2* – This is the best way to apply iron-on vinyl and have it fuse correctly
- Free Halloween Face SVG Cut Files – get it at the end of the post
Either make or buy face masks in solid colors. Decide on the color of the mask for each character and the color of iron-on vinyl that you’re going to use.
Try the mask on to figure out the placement of the face.
Apply the iron-on vinyl to the fabric mask. You might need to do it in sections since your mask will have some shaping.
If you make something using this free SVG file, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!