- dress without a waist seam
- (length of your waist)
- sewing supplies
1. Get your dress. Cut the dress right under the armpits. If you are working with a maxi dress, then cut the length that you want.
2. Take off details as needed. I removed the casing and ties, and I mended the two buttonholes on the front.
3. If you dress had any shaping, straighten the sides from original waist up to the cut edge.
4. Create a 1.25″ casing along the cut edge. Leave a 3″ hole to add elastic.
5. Insert elastic with a safety pin or bodkin. Close the hole. Finished!