Warning: Use of undefined constant is_home - assumed 'is_home' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/feathfh3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/code-snippets/php/snippet-ops.php(446) : eval()'d code on line 95
One of the most common tears on a pair of men’s suit pants is when they rip right under the front pocket, and all you need is an easy torn pocket mend tutorial. The pockets always get caught on doorknobs, desks, chairs, and tables. The pockets can be weakened by large wallets and heavy keys.
Sometimes when you mend this pocket tear you need to also do some actual mending for ripped fabric.
When you look inside, it’s hard to figure out what to do because the seam allowances are usually covered up like this.
1. Unpick the pocket lining that extends past the seam line. See how I just opened the two pieces? Sometimes there isn’t an extra piece on the pants side, but you would still have to unpick the pocket from the seam allowances.
2. Now that you can see the seam allowances, just line them up. Make sure you line up all the seam allowances. There is a piece of the pocket between the seam allowances that you need to line up.
3. Sew backstitching when you start and end.
4. Check if you caught everything. I didn’t so I unpicked it and sewed it again. Sometimes it takes a couple times to get it right.
5. Line up the lining pieces. Pinch together and sew the hole closed.