- Babydoll Tee Pattern Size 18 mos
2. The sleeve can be nestled right in the curve of the necklines. I cut out both my bodices first and then cut the sleeves out of the pieces. You can fold the sleeve and cut it out at the same time if you’d like.
3. Cut the neck pieces from the remaining pieces. I cut mine from the white border along the top that comes with My Fabric Designs fabric.
You will need one front bodice, one back bodice, two sleeves, two skirts, and two neck pieces.
1. With right sides together sew the shoulders together at 1/4″ with a stretch stitch. Finish edges.
2. With right sides together sew the neckbands together at 1/4″ with a straight stitch.
3. Fold the neckband in half lengthwise with wrong sides together. Divide the neckband into four. Divide the neckline into four. Match up the four sections and pin.
4. Sew at 1/4″ while slightly stretching the pieces to fit. Finish the edges.
5. From the front sew the seam allowance towards the bodice with a straight stitch 1/8″ from the seam.
6. Finish the curved edges of the sleeves. You can serge the edges, zigzag the edges, or sew a rolled hem without a rolled hem foot.
7. Match the center mark on the sleeves with the shoulder seam. With right sides together sew the sleeves with a stretch stitch at 1/4″. Finish the edges.
8. Fold the seam allowance towards the bodice and edgestitch with a straight stitch. Where there is no sleeve fold the edges over 1/4″ and edgestitch.
9. With right sides together sew the sides of the bodice together with a stretch stitch at 1/4″. Finish the edges.
10. At the armpit edge tack the seam allowance towards the back.
11. With right sides together sew the edges of the skirt together with a stretch stitch at 1/4″.
12. Overlapping 1/2″ sew the edges of the elastic together creating a circle.
13. Divide elastic into four sections. Divide the skirt into four sections.
14. Match up the four sections with the elastic on the inside of the skirt.
15. Sew the elastic to the skirt with a zigzag stitch stretching while you sew.
16. Turn the skirt wrong side out. Slip the bodice right side out into the skirt matching up the side seams. The right side of the bodice should be facing the right side of the skirt.
17. Sew the bodice and skirt together with a stretch stitch at 3/8″. Finish the edges.
18. Hem the skirt. For the scribble tee I serged the edges. For the walrus tee I serged the edges and folded it up once and sewed with a straight stitch.
Enjoy the free pattern! I can’t wait to see what you make! I’d love to make these in lots of pretty colors and use up a bunch of my knit stash!