- Fabric remnants, woven or knit
- Nylons (I used sparkly, brown tights)
- Sewing tools
Simple Baby Headband Tutorial
- Cut the nylons at the thigh area into 1/2″ sections. Pull each piece which makes the edges curl up.
- Cut a piece of fabric 6.5″ wide x 4.5″ tall. Cut another piece 2″ wide x 2″ tall.
- Fold the big piece of fabric hot dog style right sides together and sew along the edge 1/4″.
- Fold the small piece of fabric right sides together and sew along the edge 1/4″.
- Turn both tubes right sides out. Iron flat with the seams in the center.
- With right sides together sew the short edges of the big piece together at 1/4″.
- Fold the small piece around the nylon piece with right sides together and sew the raw edges together at 1/4″.
- Turn the big piece right side out.
- Situate the large piece so the seam is in the center.
- Fold the piece in half forwards.
- Fold the top fold back in half and fold the bottom fold back in half. Hold these folds tight.
- Insert the headband in one of the folds in the back.
- Sew across the top of the folds securing the folds and the headband.
- Turn the small piece right sides out.
- Carefully pull one side of the bow through the small piece until the small piece sits in the center of the bow. Situate the seam of the small piece towards the back.
If you make something using this tutorial, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!
Watch the video and read the tutorial for all the information. If you can’t see the video then turn off your ad blocker to be able to watch it! It also could be in the right side in the sidebar.