- Bias tape
- Sewing supplies
1. Make a dress or get a dress to alter.
2. Find the center front of the neckline and draw a line that is the length of the zipper.
3. Cut on the line.
4. Finish edge with the bias tape.
5. Pin the zipper carefully over the bias tape so it lines up at the top. Fold the top and bottom edges of the zipper tape under.
6. Sew next to the teeth and on the edge of the zipper tape with a straight stitch.
I finished the sleeves and neckline with black binding. The hem has a black velvet band to give it a nice finished look, and it’s heavy enough to keep my dress down while I’m wrestling a toddler or baby to be quiet. The zipper front makes nursing so easy which keeps me and baby happy! Learn how to fix a zipper if the pull came off.
This dress was perfect for the wedding which was absolutely beautiful. The love was almost tangible.