2. Cut 4-5 layers of flannel using the pattern. Cut 1 layer of waterproof fabric.
3. Cut the underwear on both of the front sides.
4. With the underwear laid out open and facing up, lay the layers of flannel on the underwear.
5. Put the waterproof fabric on top and pin.
6. Sew. I sewed with a zigzag so I wouldn’t have to finish the edges of the flannel.
7. Trim the ragged edges of the flannel.
8. Fold the raw edges of the underwear over and sew. (This underwear is a little big on Henry, so I didn’t mind losing circumference. If you don’t want to lose any space, sew on some facing, fold over and sew.)
9. Add snaps/velcro/buttons or whatever closures you want.
Make as many as you want! Hopefully these will help with potty training!
If you make something using this tutorial, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!