1. Union St. Tee pattern (affiliate link): I cannot sing enough praises for this pattern. It is the best knit tee pattern I have ever used. I can really tell that a whole lot of work went into the pattern. I love it. Here are five versions that I’ve made, but there are three that aren’t pictured. If you are sewing stripes this is how to match stripes.
3. The Staple Dress Pattern: I love quick dresses with an easy and comfortable fit. I really love this style. I know it’s not everyone’s jam because it’s not fitted, but I love it. It’s easy to wear and easy to style, and I can’t wait to wear them with button up shirts or fitted blazers.
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!