These tees have been a loooong time coming. Like all summer. I made one back in May, then a muslin during the summer, and finally the last tee a couple of weeks ago. I have used the Aurora Tee pattern (affiliate link) and altered it to make a tee I saw on pinterest and fell in love with. I loved the gray knit fabric paired with the gingham. It looks comfortable but cute. I decided to copy it with fabric I had in my stash. This is my resulting tee using both knit and woven fabric.
I used a periwinkle bamboo rayon spandex for the knit part of the tee. The color I got is out of stock, but here’s a very similar color. It’s leftover fabric from this tee dress. For the cuffs and panels I used some basic cotton woven fabric from Hancock’s when they were liquidating everything. It’s a subtle crosshatch look because the threads were dyed different colors before being woven together. I chose this fabric instead of gingham because it matched so perfectly with my periwinkle fabric.
I don’t think the polyester french terry is the best for this treatment. It doesn’t drape nearly as well as the bamboo rayon spandex. It is definitely warm though so I will have to see if I wear it when it’s cold.