I will have to wear a nursing tank underneath, but I’m excited to have a warm sweatshirt to wear that will have easy access. I used a solid gray sweatshirt fabric. I know it’s a little boring, but I wear solids more often than I wear anything else and I wanted to make something that I would wear. I thought about putting together a trendier outfit for this photoshoot, but let’s be honest, this is how I will be wearing this sweatshirt for the next couple of months: sweatshirt, tank, leggings, and comfortable shoes. I love how comfortable this outfit is, so I thought I’d show how it’d really be worn.
I love the cowl neck on this sweatshirt. I love the look and feel of hoodies, but the hood often gets bulky and uncomfortable. I find myself not choosing hoodies to put on simply because I don’t want to put my head through the neck. I think this cowl is a better option; I’m hoping it won’t hold me back from wearing it a lot.
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!