I used the Marigold Dress Pattern and made the peplum version. I had won it in a giveaway at some point. I think I made an x-small based on the measurements, but I literally can’t remember. At the time I was looking for basically the Cheyenne Tunic*, but it (and anything like it) didn’t exist yet. The Marigold is a great pattern, and I don’t remember having any problems while putting it together. I don’t love wearing peplums, but I do love that this one is very relaxed. And since there is a waistband seam I was able to place the embroidered border right under the waist seam. It’s good to know how to stitch in the ditch for a smooth and flat waistband. The embroidery going all the way around the waist looks really cool from the side.
I ordered this embroidered fabric from fabric.com a couple of years ago. The second I saw it I fell in love with it immediately, so I ordered three yards. It isn’t available anymore, but there is this blue embroidered lawn*, embroidered chambray*, and white embroidered lawn. It’s really fun to get pre-embroidered fabric and place the embroidery where you want it.
I didn’t plan the pattern pieces very well, and there was too much embroidery when I first finished it. I ended up taking the front panels out and replacing it with remaining white fabric. I also had a lot of problems with the sleeves. I’ve done a tutorial for how to sew sleeves to get perfect sleeves every time.
*Edited* The pattern sleeves have been redrafted by the pattern designer and should work well now!