As you might know I’m currently sewing up a bunch of clothes for my wardrobe. Specifically my winter wardrobe. That’s why I agreed to be apart of the Indiesew Winter Collection. This collection is perfect for the winter, but the patterns are also really versatile for anytime of year (or hemisphere).
I also made a Leather Accent Pouch and the small bonus bag that the pattern gives measurements for. This clutch is a fold-over style pouch with a zipper and leather accents. It’s quick and easy, but looks sophisticated. It would be easy to make a bunch for Christmas gifts! I used my triangle fabric leftover from my pencil skirt and some faux leather. I added a strap on the back, and it’s the perfect size.
I styled the dress with a teal and gold belt, a printed scarf, my corduroy blazer and some ankle boots. It keeps me warm, comfortable, but stylish. I really love this dress and it’s simplicity. I can see it styled for every single season!
The shape of the shirt is great for half-tucking or leaving loose.
If you ever break a zipper here’s how to fix a zipper if the pull came off. This sewing trick works for invisible zippers, separating zippers, and regular zippers. You can also learn how to sew a zipper.
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!