The fabric was great to work with. It has a good weight without being too stiff. I really love the navy and white combination. I’m only worried about the color fading quickly. Hopefully it fades tastefully. I was really proud of my pattern matching. The pocket almost blends in except for the topstitching and the matching along the front button placket is basically perfect. Here’s how to open a buttonhole.
I used the long sleeve blouse pattern from Burdastyle. I made the torso longer and lengthened the sleeves. I was surprised and how well I liked the fit without any alterations once it was put together.
I love wearing it by itself since it speaks well alone. But I’m preppy at heart and often wear it under a sweater. I’d wear button up shirts and sweaters while mixing patterns everyday if I could.
If you’ve ever used a Burdastyle pattern you know how limited the instructions are. I was able to do all of the construction easily by myself except for the sleeve placket. I couldn’t remember the construction from that last one I did on a button up shirt over five years ago. I was too lazy to look it up online to figure out how to do it, so I just did a simple continuous bound placket. It was a little fidgety, but it worked. I think for the next one I do I’ll do a better sleeve placket.