I have worn these every single week since making them because I love them so much. They are comfortable but so cute and trendy. I feel dressed up enough to wear them to the store but dressed down enough to be relaxed. I would wear them everyday if I could! I learned from this experience to wait for the good stuff. Don’t impulse buy because it’s on sale. Just wait and get what I love and will wear all the time. It’ll save me money in the long run! It’s not that I don’t love those other sweatshirts, they just aren’t the colorways I would’ve chosen if I was thinking it through.
What fabric are you really crushing on right now?
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!