Here’s some tips for sewing knit fabric.
- Sweater, sweatshirt, cardigan, long-sleeved tee, etc.
- Sewing tools
1. Cut your top on center front (if using a cardigan the front will already be cut.).
2. Measure the center front. This is the height of the scarf.
3. Measure from bottom of center front, up around the neckline, and back down to the bottom of center front. This is the width of the scarf.
4. Cut out the scarf. Mine was 55″ x 20″.
5. With wrong sides together, sew one side of the scarf to the center front at 1/4″. Flip the seam around so now it’s right sides together and sew again at 3/8″. (This is a French seam and encloses all the edges.)
6. Do the same with the other side. That’s it!