This post may contain affiliate links indicated with a *. Read the full disclosure here
Use some leftover purse hardware and some mini pompoms to make this adorable mini wreath. This DIY pompom ornament makes a lovely Christmas decoration.
I’ve always loved the look of those snowball pompom wreaths, but I never wanted to make all those pompoms by hand. Instead I made a mini version to hang on the Christmas tree. This is an easy DIY pompom ornament that just uses a hot glue gun.
This wreath looks like a wreath of mini snowballs hanging on the Christmas tree. The white looks so stunning against a green tree.
I was trying to use as many parts of this faux leather purse, and I realized there was some great hardware that could be reused. I cut out the zippers to use another day, and I used the metal rings in today’s ornament tutorial. This is the same purse I used for a DIY leather ornament and a gingerbread garland. You can do so much with one faux leather purse!
DIY Pompom Ornament Tutorial
- Metal ring about 2 inches in diameter
- Mini pompoms
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
1. Remove the hardware from the purse.
2. Gather your mini pompoms and one metal ring.
3. Start gluing the mini pompoms around the ring. I found it easiest to glue them on with rows. An outer row, an inner row, and two side rows.
4. Do your best to cover the whole metal ring.
5. Once you finish the rows start gluing the pompoms in the holes or anywhere you think needs extra coverage.
6. I used all but seven mini pompoms for the wreath. I maybe could’ve added some to the back if I needed.
7. Get your ribbon. I chose white to match but you can choose any color or print of ribbon.
8. Tie a loop on the top of the wreath and then glue on a little ribbon bow. There’s a great ribbon bow tutorial at the end of this post.
If you make a DIY pompom ornament using this tutorial, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!