So I cut as many circle skirts that I could make out of tulle and sewed it onto a thick colored elastic for the waistband. There are lots of simple tutorials online to help you make your own tulle skirt. It’s super simple because there’s no edge finishing. When I wear it I feel very feminine and a little like a baby girl in a princess skirt. When I showed my husband he asked if I was two. Ya, well, maybe I am.
The question is, where do I wear my tulle skirt? The only time I wear dresses or skirts is to church. Can I wear this to church? I’m a little worried about my children pulling up my skirt accidentally.
Learn How to Sew Your Own Clothes
- If you want to learn how to sew your own clothing you need to start somewhere. These are the Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing. They will help any beginner who wants to learn how to sew.
- Then you can read some Tips to Start Sewing Clothing.
- Once you start you’ll get better at using a sewing machine, but you’ll make clothing that you might not wear or love. I made every mistake and this is How to Sew Clothing You’ll Love. (Avoid my mistakes!)
- As you get better and better you’ll need to learn How to Choose Fabric for Sewing Clothes and the Best Fabrics for Sewing Clothing. I recommend fabrics that I love, but you’ll find the fabric you love the best.
- You can use paper patterns which are great to buy on sale or you can use PDF patterns which are great for instant gratification. There are lots of Different Ways to Assemble PDF Patterns so you need to find what works for you.
- Lastly, when you are sewing your own clothing and you are drawn to lots of different printed fabric, you need to learn How to Make a Versatile Handmade Wardrobe + Free Printable so that all the items in your wardrobe can coordinate with another item of clothing and be worn!