Get inspired to sew with one of these popular sewing tutorials and sewing projects from 2021. There are lots of free sewing patterns!
It has been a really great year with lots of changes, and I’ve worked hard to share lots of quality sewing projects and sewing tutorials. I released lots and lots of free sewing patterns, and I can’t wait to make even more!
I love to teach others how to sew because it’s a empowering skill to have. If you want some extra help you can join one of these facebook sewing groups or follow my sewing youtube channel. Enjoy this round up of your favorite sewing projects from 2021!
Things that surprised me about this list:
- There are so many baby sewing projects on this list! I need to make even more baby things to sew since I can see you all love it!
- A dog sewing project made it onto the list
Things that didn’t surprise me about this list:
- Almost every project is a free sewing pattern which all of you love and it’s definitely something I love to create. I’ll keep making these!
- A couple of clothing alteration projects made it on the list which has always been a heavy part of my sewing blog. I’ll keep making these too!
Here’s a list of the list of best tutorials from past years:
- Top 10 Sewing Posts of 2020
- Top 27 Sewing Posts of 2018
- Top 9 Sewing Tutorials of 2017
- Top 12 Sewing Posts of 2014
- Top 15 Sewing Posts of 2013
- Top 10 Sewing Posts of 2012
What is a PDF sewing pattern?
A PDF pattern is a sewing pattern designed on the computer and organized so that it can be printed on several letter or A4 size pieces of paper.
I love using PDF sewing patterns because if the pattern gets ruined or if my children or I changed sizes, I can always print it again. It’ll never be destroyed since I have a digital version!
How do you use a PDF sewing pattern?
Open the PDF on a computer and click print. When printing make sure that the scaling is set to 100% or no scaling so that the pattern prints at the correct size.
If you make something using this sewing project, I’d love to see! Please share it on social media with the hashtag #heatherhandmade and tag me!