One of my favorite things to do at the end of the year is to look past at all my sewing projects from the past year. I love the reflection and learning I get from retrospectively studying my handmades. I put together lists of my most worn handmade items, the items I could’ve done better on, my sewing goals, and the best sewing tutorials that were your favorite of 2017. What was your favorite sewn item of 2017?
Besides all the clothing I made this year, I changed my blog name from Feathers Flights to Heather Handmade. I felt like it was a better fit for what I was doing: sewing a bunch of handmade clothing and making beautiful handmade things for my home and life.
Best Sewing Tutorials and Projects of 2017
- No-Slip Hand Towel Tutorial
- How to Sew a Split with Mitered Corners
- Why You Need Pennies in your Sewing Room
- Free Draped Cardigan Pattern and Tutorial
- 26 Ways to Save Money while Sewing
- Three Different Ways to Hem Knits
- 8 Things I Wish I Could Tell Myself Before I Started Sewing
- Striped Flint Pants
- My 8 Favorite Fabrics to Sew Clothing With
Want to see what posts you loved in other years?
- Top 10 Sewing Posts of 2019
- Top 27 Sewing Posts of 2018
- Top 12 Sewing Posts of 2014
- Top 15 Sewing Posts of 2013
- Top 10 Sewing Posts of 2012