I’ve been meaning to make Henry some skinny pants for awhile and just got around to it. In the process I made a free printable pattern and a quick tutorial! These pants are super easy and quick, especially if you use an already existing hem. They would be cute on both baby girls or baby girls. I did both denim and knit fabric, and it worked for both.
1. Print the pattern. Decide what you’re going to cut up. I cut up some jeans and some shorts. Place the pant leg bottom flush with the hem of the garment and either the knit fold or woven fold on the fold.
2. Pin and cut out.
3. Sew the inside leg seam to the other inside leg seam of it’s own piece right sides together. Finish the edge.
4. Turn one pant leg right side out and slip inside the other pant leg which is right side in.
5. Pin inseam and both top edges. Sew and finish edge.
6. Turn right side out and finish top edge.
7. Fold down 5/8″ and sew at 1/2″ leaving a small opening.
8. Insert elastic and sew together.
9. Close hole and you’re finished.
These pants are so fast they’re addicting. I’ve only made two and want to make more!
You can keep fun details from the original garment like embellishments,
original seams and hems,